Only just heard about this but I thought I would reblog it anyway as the Modernisms Research Centre will be of interest to some, I hope!
Word into Image Symposium
Tactic Gallery Auditorium, Sample Studios (Former FAS building), Sullivans Quay, Cork
9.30 – 10.00: Registration
10.00 – 11.30: Panel One
- Laura Pomeroy (University College Cork): “Embodied Poetry: Mary Devenport O’Neill’s Bluebeard Ballet”
- Natalie Ferris (University of Oxford): ‘I just need a fiction like you to work out ideas in front of – no?’: ‘The Pope of Modern Art’ and Abstract Poetry
- Michael O’Sullivan (The Chinese University of Hong Kong): Pound’s image, the Chinese character, and cultural differences in education
11.45 – 12.45: Panel Two
- Lila Matsumoto (University of Edinburgh): Poems to cover a page: Serialized source text as performance space in the early works of Vito Acconci
- Nicole Sierra (University of Oxford): Concrete Islands: The Visuality of Ballard’s ‘Rough Poetry’.
12.45 – 14.00: Lunch
14.00 – 15.30: Panel Three
- Simon Perril (De Montfort University): Countering Fantesectomy: an account of a collage novel in progress
- Emma Cocker (Nottingham…
View original post 149 more words